- This event has passed.
March 13 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFree
ADVANCE at UNM is sponsoring a Writers’ Bootcamp on March 12, 13, and 14 at the ADVANCE office in the Communication and Journalism Building.
This event is open to all STEM faculty who are:
· Starting to write a research project,
· Working on an existing research project,
· Stalled on a research project,
· Polishing a research project.
Participants should expect to:
· Start at 9 am sharp each morning and end at 11 am.
· Begin the session by setting your goals for the bootcamp.
· Experiment with
- Drafting 100 or 500 words for a particular writing project
- Creating a reverse outline of your draft, and using this outline to evaluate your organization, focus, transitions, etc.
- Responding to sources through free writing, mapping, or writing dialogues
- Trying a new writing strategy (such as free writing, mapping, a writer’s journal, etc.)
· Ramp up with coffee and sweet treats.
· Calm down with periodic stretching exercises.
· End each session by planning your goals for the next session.
- March 13
9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Advance at UNM